This website is owned and operated by Florian Schmitt, Senior Web Technologist, located in Montréal, Quebec, Canada.
What data do I collect?
This website is not using any tracking mechanism (no Google Analytics, Facebook Pixel, etc). Log files are stored by Cloudflare (our hosting provider), as they are an essential part of debugging problems and blocking potential attacks on any web server. These are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable.
When you contact me by phone, email, chat, or visioconference for business purposes, I collect the following data:
- Personal identification information (Name, email address, phone number, company name, company number, street address, etc.).
- Information necessary to start or execute a project (Documents, usernames, passwords, etc.).
How do I collect your data?
I collect and process your data when:
- You use or view this website.
- You contact me via email.
- You contact another entity which then contacts me (ex: referral, request for help on a project, etc.).
- You contact me via chat, visioconference, or phone.
How will I use your data?
I collect and process your data in order to:
- Register you as a new customer, in order to perform a contract with you and manage my relationship with you.
- Deal with legitimate interests to recover debts owned to me.
- Contact you via email to notify you of important aspects of our relationship (ex : when I leave on vacation, invoice notifications, software update, etc).
- Create records essential for legal purposes (ex: taxes, invoices, estimates, etc.).
- Communicate with an other entity involved in a project (ex: SEO consultant or web host involved in a project, etc.)
How do I store your data?
- I am using the services of Cloudflare to host this website.
- I am using the services of Invoiceninja to store your customer card, estimates, invoices, payments, time tracking information.
- I am using the services of Mailbox.org to store emails.
- You may request an online meeting with me. In this case, data may be stored by the corresponding service used, such as Google Meet, Microsoft Teams, or Zoom. For meeting invitations, I am using the services of Google Calendar.
- Data related to ongoing projects may be stored on my personal computer and on the cloud using the services of oCloud.de.
- When a project requires collaboration or an exchange of documents, data may be stored on Google Drive.
What are your data protection rights?
You are entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request me for copies of your personal data. I may charge you a fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that I correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request me to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that I erase your personal data, under certain conditions*.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that I restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions*.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to me processing of your personal data, under certain conditions*.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that I transfer the data that I have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, I have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact me by email at email@example.com.
*Please note that the right to have your personal data modified or erased is not absolute, and only applies in certain circumstances. For instance, some data needed for lawful basis (ex: tax purposes, contractual agreements, invoices, non-disclosure agreements) cannot be erased or modified.
This website is not using any cookies.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact me
How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that I have not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Privacy Commissioner of Canada by following the instructions on www.priv.gc.ca.
Right to non-discrimination